Tuesday, January 15, 2013


So I’m finished with week two, and again I made it. My weight loss this week was 2 pounds, but I will admit even though the scale is only down two pounds my stomach does not look as big. The bloating seems to have somewhat subsided, so now instead of 11 months pregnant I only look 6 months…baby steps! Also this week, no more headaches and no more feeling like my life will end without sugar. I have to tell you that when you get past that feeling of, “this sucks” you really do start to have more energy like Mr. Cruise tells us in his book. There were times I didn’t think I was going to make it and I wasn’t sure that I wanted to make it. I was getting discouraged about the menial 2 pounds a week and then I started thinking if I lost 2 pounds a week and kept it up, I could be at my goal weight before the end of the year. I could be thin, I could feel good in clothes.  This could actually be a really good thing. If my expectation is only 2 pounds a week and not 7-14 then I won’t be disappointed when the scale only goes down a little and I will be ecstatic when I surpass my goal on those rare weeks when I lose 3 pounds a week. I think a lot of this is perspective, if my perspective is that I have to lose some crazy amount of weight each week then I’m going to feel like a failure and I’m going to ultimately quit.  If my goal is a healthy achievable 2 pounds a week, the sky’s the limit, I can do this, I can be successful I can be thin.

My husband is having trouble with not eating sugar, I expected this. He tries to be supportive but in the end I think I’m going to have to take his support a little at a time. I thought he would go on the diet with me and he would see the benefits of us changing our lifestyles together, but when I bring him dinner and it’s a pork chop and asparagus, he can’t help but ask if I forgot the potato or rice or something with starch in it. The vending machines at work have become a bit of a habit for him in the last few weeks, he is always looking for change so he can grab a snickers or his statement the other day was, I’m not getting candy I’m getting a granola bar, it’s healthy…ummm ya I’m thinking he doesn’t get the concept! Lol. If anything he is a little underweight so I’m not really pushing it, although I really think that cutting out sugar is a healthy thing to do for anyone.
This picture is of my lunch! bagel, cream cheese, bacon, turkey meat and baby spinach . So yummy.
 

1 comment: